LEARN ABOUT GUT-BRAIN HEALTH FROM A NUTRITION EXPERT AND AUTHOR
Helping you improve your gut-brain health and reduce symptoms by creating a personalized anti-inflammatory nutrition and wellness plan. When the plan is followed, you should see a significant reduction in symptoms in as little as 2 weeks.
I have helped thousands of people with gut-brain challenges uncover the root causes of their symptoms. You can learn how to heal your body using a functional nutrition approach by optimizing your diet and lifestyle. Health and mental wellness are my passion with a food-as-medicine philosophy.
We will use food as medicine to nourish your body.
My Education and Training
- B.S. in Nutrition and Clinical Dietetics, University of California, Berkeley
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
- Certified LEAP Therapist (CLT), 2013
- Certified Health and Wellness Coach (CHWC) through Wellcoaches, 2014
- Integrative and Functional Nutrition Academy (IFNA)-Certificate of Training (COT), 2016
- Registered Dietitian at an adult ADHD Clinic, Elite Focus Clinic (now part of Refresh/Optum) in Los Altos, CA, 2018
- Mindful Self-Compassion Training, 2020
- Author of An Integrative & Functional Nutrition Approach to ADHD Management, 2021
- SIBO Academy, GI Dietitian’s Roadmap Course, 2021
My childhood in San Francisco as a gymnast and aerobic instructor kept me involved in health. After graduating from UC Berkeley with a degree in Nutrition and Clinical Dietetics, I became a Registered Dietitian. Clinical training during college was completed at San Francisco General Hospital, St. Francis Bothin Burn Center, St. Mary’s Medical Center, and Levi Strauss (fitness center).
My first clinical job was at Seton Medical Center in Daly City, CA where my specialty was Cardiac and Critical Care Nutrition. After relocating to the Silicon Valley when getting married and after the birth of our son, I began consulting in nutrition. Our son had many food allergies so my personal experience helped me learn about elimination diets for allergies. In 2014, after my husband developed some food sensitivities, I became a Certified LEAP Therapist (the protocol for Mediator Release Testing®). My husband was able to eliminate his symptoms from food sensitivities by following the LEAP Protocol.
Understanding that it is challenging to change health habits, I became interested in the Wellcoaches® program which is endorsed by the American College of Sports Medicine. My certification was completed in 2014. Love of learning is a passion. I was a participant in the first certification class at the Integrative and Functional Nutrition Academy (IFNA) where I obtained a Certificate of Training (COT). Most recently in 2021, I completed the SIBO Academy GI Dietitian’s Roadmap course.
I consult in nutrition and wellness at the adult ADHD Clinic, Elite Focus Clinic, in Los Altos, CA.
Unfortunately, I experienced a few concussions in early 2000 when very little was known about nutrition and concussion. Seeing the need for expertise in nutrition for concussion recovery, I reviewed the research and started seeing clients in my private practice who are recovering from concussion.
I participate in all kinds of fitness including going to the gym, hiking, and skiing. My husband and I enjoy cooking healthy meals together and we love to dine at many of the great restaurants in the San Francisco Bay Area. I also love helping in my son’s classroom, including teaching nutrition to children.
- Grew up in San Francisco and enjoyed gymnastics and skateboarding.
- Love chocolate.
- Passionate about exercising.
- Being in nature grounds me.
- Mr Roger’s quotes are my favorite.
- Created a program at my son’s middle school called Open Studio through Project Cornerstone which offers fun activities at lunch time like yoga, art, and cookie decorating.
- My husband and I chartered a 40 foot sailboat in the Caribbean for a week. Just the two of us.
My specialties include:
- Food sensitivities
- Nutrient deficiencies
- Gut health
- Brain health specializing in ADHD and concussion recovery
- Improving overall wellness, mindfulness, and mental health